Repair and Return – JT Mobility
All unused products must be in the original packaging, with the return authorization number (RMA#) clearly printed on the outside of the package, or it will be returned. Return requests must be made within 30 days of our invoice date.
Return for Credit Procedure
All returns for credit require an RMA# and original purchase order number. RMA numbers are valid for 30 days, and products must be received at JT Mobility support center within this 30-day period. After 30 days the RMA# becomes void, and any equipment received after that original 30 days will be returned to the customer at their expense.
· Product returns without an authorized RMA# listed on the outside of the carton will not be accepted and returned to the customer at their expense.
· Once the RMA 30-day return period expires, customer must request a new RMA#, and will incur a 25% restocking fee.
· All returns will be credited to customer’s account minus any applicable shipping charges and restocking fee.
1. All requests for the return of product for repair are directed to the JT Mobility Tech Support Department for authorization.
2. Advanced Replacements: Requests for advance replacement of an existing product must be authorized by a JT Mobility Tech Support team, after determining that there is a problem with the product.
3. All product returns require a RMA number, which must appear on the outside of the carton, or shipment will not be accepted and returned to the customer at their expense.
4. All returns require a packing list noting the following information:
· Product model number
· Details of defect or malfunction
· Ship to address
· Contact person and phone number
5. All product returns must ship freight prepaid to JT Mobility. Collect shipments will not be accepted unless authorized in advance.
6. Products found to have no defects or non-related to factory defects will be returned.
7. Return of shipment will be freight prepaid by JT Mobility direct to the sender by the same method as the product was received.
8. If advance replacement was authorized, upon receipt of replaced product, the customer shall return the defective unit within one week under the same RMA number to close out the RMA.
9. Advanced Replacements with a current RMA will be invoiced at the standard price. When the defective product is returned, it will be tested and evaluated. A credit will be issued against the Advanced Replacement invoice depending upon the evaluation of the returned item.
10. All RMA numbers remain valid up to 30 days from date of issue.
PLEASE NOTE: Special Orders, special offered products are Non-Returnable.
Product Repair and Replacement Policy and Terms
1. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION.
1. RMA NUMBER.
Prior to returning your product to JT Mobility Pvt Ltd. an RMA (Return Material Authorization) Number must first be obtained from JT Mobility. This RMA Number must be referenced on all documentation relating to the return (i.e., shipping documents, shipping label, purchase order, correspondence, etc.). The following information is required when requesting a RMA Number:
- Model number
- Serial number
- Description of failure
- Shipping information
- Point of contact and phone number
- Billing information (required if Out-of-Warranty)
- Purchase order number (required if Out-of-Warranty)
When the Customer applies for an RMA Number, JT Mobility. will determine the warranty status of the product and, if Out-of-Warranty, will advise the Customer of the price for repair as described in section 4 below.
1. IN-WARRANTY REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT. Products repaired or replaced pursuant to their initial warranty shall remain in warranty for a period of ninety (90) days from date of the shipment of the repaired or replacement product to the Customer, or for the remainder of the initial warranty period as provided in JT Mobility’s Conditions of Sale, whichever is longer. This warranty shall apply only to the repair or replacement action taken.
The Customer shall be liable for the full price of any replacement product and for any unavoidable repair activity carried out on the returned product due to:
- Improper or inadequate maintenance by owner
- Unauthorized disassembly, modification, or misuse
- Operation outside the environmental specifications of the product
- Improper site preparation and maintenance
- Improper storage or handling by owner
- Owner supplied hardware, or interfacing
The warranty is voided if the JT Mobility warranty label or serial number is removed, illegible, or missing.
2.2 OUT-OF-WARRANTY REPAIR.
Out-of-warranty products repaired or replaced pursuant to their initial warranty shall remain in warranty for a period of ninety (90) days from date of the shipment of the repaired or replacement product to the Customer, or for the remainder of the initial warranty period, whichever is longer.
2.2.1 PURCHASE ORDER. All Out-of-Warranty repairs require a purchase order.
All purchase orders must refer to the RMA Number, which the Customer must obtain in advance in accordance with section 1.1 above. The purchase order shall be governed by the terms of this policy notwithstanding any terms contained or referenced in the purchase order. Any products received by JT Mobility. for repair without an accompanying purchase order may be subject to rejection and return to the Customer without remedial repair action being taken.
All repair services and all repaired or replacement products are governed by JT Mobility Pvt. Ltd. standard Conditions of Sale, notwithstanding any terms provided with Customer’s PO.
2.3 PROMPT NOTIFICATION REQUIRED.
If the Customer receives a shipment which includes damaged product(s), it must notify JT Mobility. promptly, but in no event more than 15 days after shipment by JT Mobility., in order to preserve the capabilities to determine whether the damage is caused by a warranty defect and to recover for damages caused in transit. Failure to provide such notification voids any applicable warranty, such that any remedial activity shall be considered Out-of-Warranty and a charge applied accordingly.
3. SHIPPING AND PACKING.
Inbound shipping charges to JT Mobility, including associated taxes, duties, tariffs, etc., shall be paid by the Customer. For In-Warranty repairs, return (outbound from JT Mobility) shipping charges shall be paid by JT Mobility to the Customer’s destination. For Out-of-Warranty repairs, return (outbound from JT Mobility) shipping charges shall be paid by the Customer. The type of packaging used to ship the product depends on whether the product is shipped individually, in a chassis, or packaged with other products. The Customer shall utilize the same (or equivalent) protective packaging container for reshipment as was provided by JT Mobility Approved ESD procedures are essential when handling JT Mobility products. Failure to utilize proper packaging materials and/or approved ESD procedures may result in the voiding of any applicable warranty and/or a delay in the processing of the return.
4.1 REPAIR PRICING – BOARD-LEVEL PRODUCTS.
Upon receipt of a returned board-level product, JT Mobility will assess the extent of the repair action required and, if Out-of-Warranty, will advise the Customer of the Fixed Price for carrying out that repair action.
JT Mobility will proceed with the repair upon receipt of the Customer’s purchase order for the repair price quoted.
4.2 REPAIR PRICING – SYSTEM-LEVEL PRODUCTS.
Upon receipt of a returned system-level product, JT Mobility will assess the extent of the repair action required and, if Out-of-Warranty, will advise the Customer of the Fixed Price for carrying out that repair action.
JT Mobility. will proceed with the repair upon receipt of the Customer’s purchase order for the repair price quoted.
4.3 OTHER PRICING.
A Fixed Price will apply if Customer returns products for “retest for verification” or the like. Such testing shall be limited to normal production test. JT Mobility will proceed with the retest upon receipt of the Customer’s purchase order for the repair price quoted.
Contact your Sales Representative for upgrade request.
4.3.3 NFF; BER.
In the event JT Mobility. determines that a returned Out-of-Warranty product is either NFF (No Fault Found) or BER (Beyond Economical Repair), the Customer shall be informed.
Customer may request expedited turn-around for which a premium charge will apply above the Fixed Price as set in spare part prices. Customer will only be charged the premium fee if JT Mobility satisfies the request for expediting.
5. PAYMENT. Payment is 100% advance for all repair services as per JT Mobility terms and conditions.